James Slater’s practice focuses on all aspects of residential real estate, including purchases and sales of all types of properties, civil litigation, handling short sales and foreclosure defense. Mr. Slater’s experience includes being lead counsel on over 50 jury trials in state and federal courts, representing both plaintiffs and defendants. He is also a licensed real estate broker and instructor in the State of Illinois.
Mr. Slater received a B.B.A. in Finance from the University of Iowa in 1985 and a J.D. from Loyola University of Chicago School of Law, where he wrote for The Loyola Consumer Law Reporter, in 1994. Mr. Slater was admitted to the Illinois State Bar in 1994. He was also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois in 1994.
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate Law
- Civil Litigation
- Illinois, 1994
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 1994
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D. 1994
Honors: Loyola Consumer Law Reporter
- University of Iowa, B.B.A. 1985
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois Real Estate Lawyers Association
- Association of Foreclosure Defense Attorneys, Former Board Member